Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sephora Skincare IQ Event

This weekend Sephora hosted their Skincare IQ event at many stores throughout the country. Based on the online description, the event includes:

• An one-on-one Skincare iQ consultation with our in-store experts.
• Receive a FREE limited-edition makeup bag filled with
deluxe skincare samples.**
• Enjoy a complimentary mask or peel.
• Finish with an express makeup application. 


The website  states that walk-ins are welcome, but from past experience, reservations are always necessary because Sephora events are almost always book full with a long wait list.

So I got to the store at Madison and 42nd for my 10am appointment.  (I made the appointment early so I knew there wouldn't be a crowd waiting and I would not be rushed.) When I got to the store, a staff member led me to a touchscreen and told me that that was the Skincare IQ System. That was it...a computer...I couldn't hide my disappointment. The salesgirl walked through the computer system with me, and picked out some products for me based what the computer recommended. She did make me a VERY generous sample of $98 Clarins eye cream, and so was so nice that I cannot complain. But still...no mask or peel and no makeup application.

To save the day, I did receive the promised limited edition makeup bag, shown below:


'til next time, GD.

FTC Disclaimer: The products shown are given to  me by Sephora for free. This blog entry was not sponsored. No other form of compensation was given. All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. hello there new blogger too? I am few months old please do visit and follow my blog..

    http://pinkmommy3030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for visiting my site, please me too

    http://pinkmommy3030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete